Saturday, February 25, 2006

The last day of semester 2 has just ended. I am relieved, tired and left a little limp...uninspired. I have never pushed myself so hard for the sake of truly learning something new in school. Maybe it is because I am older and borrowing so much money for my education. Or maybe it is the fact that we are not graded and so the real purpose of being a student is in no way undermined by other sources of motivation. Or maybe I am more mature. Probably all of the above. It occurs to me, too, that I am running out of time as I watch those I have known all my life grow older. For 2 decades they were the immortal Adults, but now as I find my gray hairs and realize my changing tastes, I see myself becoming them. I am the adult now and I realize I must hurry to know something substantive and do something memorable, even in my own little life.
I wonder if wisdom always will seem to arrive on a ten year delay.

I am still not sure if blogging feels natural. I appreciate good pens too much and am a terrible touch typist. The biggest reason though is that it requires a degree of exhibitionism I may not possess. When I do this I feel ike the tree that fells itself over and over again amongst deaf lumberjacks - did I make a sound? And I notice men have a great need to blog (this makes me think of a courting elephant seal flapping around his inflated nasal balloons for some reason).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home