Sunday, February 26, 2006

This is my first drawing. I'm encouraged by the fact that people can recognize what the objects are so I think I'll try another. Ian and I went for a walk across the GW Bridge a few hours ago, waddling against the wind, layered in down, hunters' flap caps (we do not hunt though) and sunglasses. We ended up at the Fort Lee Historic Park in NJ and I picked up the subjects, hopefully, of my next sketch - seed pods that look like a cross between a cherry, a pinecone and a mace ball. They were familiar and I realized that I've seen drawings of these pods before so the idea is not new. This made me think how funny it is that we can enjoy "reinventing the wheel" in a way, in the most mundane ways, like drawing a picture, as if it has never been done before.

(those aren't grapes. they're just spheres)

I also saw that my old lab published their big paper. It makes me want to go back to school after this and get a doctorate in biology (I miss science). But I can't rule out the possibility that it would be, in part, for my ego.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

Hi Honey...I had fun on our walk today. It was a nice day we had, lolling around with the kitties...

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home